A business blog is a marketing channel that helps a business to increase its visibility online and brand awareness. Additionally, it leads to growth in blog subscribers and ultimately supports business growth. So let’s start How To Start A Blog In India
How Is Business Blogging Different From Personal Blogging?
Tons of people are having personal blogs and a lot of people are earning from personal blogs by selling ad space.
But business blogging is a little different from a personal blog because a Business blog is:
- Neither is a hobby, like many people’s personal blogs
- Nor the primary way your business makes money
Where to Start a Business Blog?
The following websites are the world’s most famous platforms for starting a business blog.
Choose one platform and start writing your blog.
In order to be fully optimized and help your blog articles rank higher in search results, your focus keyword should appear in all of the following “On-Page” SEO areas:
- Page Title
- Section Header
- Main Content
- Image ALT Text
- Meta Description.
To illustrate this, let’s say you are creating a new article centered around the keyword: “Organization Optimization”:
Page Title (H1) (Max. 70 Characters): Organization Optimization Through [Your Company’s Name]
Section Header (H2): How Can [Your Company]’s Technology Help Your Organization Optimization?
Page URL: http://www.yourwebsite.com/organization-optimizationtechnology
Main Content (Within the first 200 words): “Effective organization optimization can help improve your employee experience and company culture.”
Image ALT text: organization-optimization-through-technology Meta Description (Max. 150 characters): Learn more about how [Your Company]’s technology for organization optimization can benefit your business.
Continue reading “How To Start A Blog In India” to know Do’s and Don’ts.
How To Start A Blog In India as Effective Business Blog
1. Blog Subscribers
A lot of companies miss the value of obtaining loyal blog readers on their business blogs.
The more readers you get to subscribe to your blog, the more opportunity you can create to convert a lot better in the sales funnel and it will also increase the number of visitors coming to your website regularly.
2. Ensure Your Business Blog and Website are on the Same Domain
One of the top advantages of blogging is to build strong SEO for your website.
By placing your blog on a separate domain, you’re separating the SEO value of your blog and website, hurting the performance of both.
So, it’s critical that your blog lives on the same domain as your website.
3. Implement a Routine Publishing Schedule
Blog readers like consistency and the ability to know when they can expect new content.
So you need to develop a consistent blogging schedule. Whether you blog monthly/weekly/daily, or multiple times a day, keep it consistent.
Don’t just post your articles as soon as you write them. Use your blog scheduling tool to release your content on a routine basis and at a set time.
4. Generate Enough Blog Articles to achieve your desired Traffic Goals
If you’re not creating enough blog articles then you might not be meeting your traffic goals expectations for the month.
Publishing a blog article about a current trending topic or industry trend is a great way to bring tons of traffic to your site.
Note: Don’t just post too many blogs in a month if not required, only publish more blog articles, if necessary, to help your company achieve its expected traffic goal.
5. Integrate Social Share Buttons
One necessity of every blog is social share buttons.
The success of your blog depends on how many people actually read it!
Did you know that social sharing buttons increased click-through rates by a humongous 55%?
6. Implement a Clear Call to Action in Each Article
A compelling call to action is one of the best ways to maximize the potential of conversions from your business blog.
Utilize a call to action that’s truly relevant to the content that you post on your every blog post.
An even better way to target your readers and audience is by adding smart CTAs.
7. Optimize for Mobile & Speed
Test your website’s speed using some online tools such as webpagetest.org to identify loopholes and fix them to reduce load time.
Also, with the rapid increase in internet browsing on mobile devices, it’s very necessary that your blog is easily accessible and optimized for smartphones and tablets.
8. Ensure Blog is Completely SEO Optimized
No one is going to find your blog if it’s not optimized for search engines.
Identify a focus keyword for all marketing content you produce, and ensure it’s prominently featured in page titles, headers, alt tags, and images for better
Proper Etiquette When Blogging for Business
1. Write for Your Audience, Not Yourself
While we’re on the subject of writing for your audience, be sure to avoid over-complicated industry jargon. Contrary to popular belief it won’t make you sound smarter, it will just confuse your audience and persuade them to seek information elsewhere
2. Don’t Over link
Linking back to older posts will help you to drive your point home while driving people back to posts that could use the traffic.
Links that contain keywords will help you improve your search rank, and they help Google crawl your site. However, sometimes too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.
You want your internal links to be relevant and serve a greater purpose. Linking every other word for no rhyme or reason will not just disrupt your writing, but it won’t settle well with your reader.
3. Respond to Comments
Whoever these commenters may be, they’re the ones responsible for driving your blog traffic every month and they deserve some recognition.
If they’ve presented you with a question, answer it.
This simple gesture will help to position you and your business as both credible and authoritative.
If you’re wrong, admit you’re wrong. If you’re unsure of what they mean, ask for clarification. Use their name and speak in a language that they understand. It’s really that simple.
4. Give Credit Where Credit is Due
Plagiarism is a slippery slope. If you’re going to reference someone else’s work within your own, be our guest, but don’t forget to give them the accreditation they rightfully deserve.
If you use a statistic you found on someone else’s blog, attach a link back to the article in which you found it.
Not only is this proper etiquette, but it helps to provide a path for readers who may be looking for more information that aligns with that particular statistic.
5. Break up Your Copy
Nobody sits down to a blog post and expects to read a 500-page novel, it just doesn’t work that way.
The format of your blog posts, like the content, should align with your audience’s behavior and interests.
Keep it simple, while you want to be sure that you’re providing as much value as possible, lengthy blog posts are being trampled by the demand for more digestible, to-the-point content.
The Do’s and Don’ts; How To Start A Blog In India
- Set goals for your blog
- Do as much as you can to understand your buyer personas
- Use surveys and polls to understand your blog readers
- Create content that solves problems, answers questions, and meets the needs of your buyer personas
- Write in an engaging, conversational way
- Create a newsletter where you can share blog posts directly with all your subscribers
- Pay attention to design – the first impression matters
- Create visual content
- Share stories and opinions (when appropriate)
- Blog with passion
- Don’t be afraid to hit publish
- Don’t become too promotional
- Don’t write purely for search engines
- Don’t feed the trolls
- Don’t give up too quickly – building a successful blog takes time
Setting up ads
Ads are one of the main ways of blog monetization. Ads are a great way to get started and if used in the right way, they are very much effective.
The trick is not to overuse ads on your blog and irritates your users.
Instead, you can use targeted ads to make them more appealing to your readers without annoying them.
The easiest way to get started with ads is to use Google AdSense and for that step are as follows:
- Head to the AdSense page and click the big “Sign Up Now” button
- You’ll either need to sign in with an existing Google account or set up a new one:
- On the next screen, enter your website URL and your language.
- Then fill out some more information:
- Finally, click “Submit my application.” The AdSense team will review your application, and if all goes well, you’ll be in!
- When you get accepted, head to your AdSense dashboard and click on “My ads” in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click “New ad unit.”
- Here you can choose the size of your ad and the ad type.
- Click “Save and get code.” You’ll get a bit of code that you can then copy and paste between the <body> tags of your page.
- After you’ve pasted the code, your ad will be live!
- You can check your earnings on your AdSense dashboard.
- You can use as many ads as you want, but I’d recommend starting off with just one or two. See how your audience responds to them.
- If you see a higher bounce rate in your GA, you might want to use a different type of ad or reposition your current ads. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Hopefully, you have cleared all your doubts regarding blogging as a business. But if you are still having any doubts, let us know, we will love to answer them.
You are reading; How To Start A Blog In India.